Saturday, April 15, 2006

the Watson Fellowship

So on March 15, 2006 I got the Watson fellowship. I'm going to be upfront and say I had no idea I was actually going to get it. Just for the sake of never forgetting this historic moment I want to outline what happened:
I am at home (Portmore Jamaica to be exact) and I wake up at 8 30 AM knowing that I will find out if I got the Watson or not. I run to the computor....nothing there. So then afterwards, my father asks me to please accompany him and my mother to see a piece of land and I'm saying to myself: a piece of land?? okay, whatever. So I go...then I come back home. I go to the Watson website, Gabi (my friend from Romania) calls me because she's returing to the U.S and while Im on my cell with her, I see my name on the website and I just start screaming, screaming screaming: "I GOT THE WATSON! I GOT THE WATSON!"
Gabi starts screaming, my mother comes in and is excited, my father walks in slowly and says...(as only my father would say)"so you can give it back?"

LOL
The very next day, Wangechi, Josue and Aliya land in jamaica and I go pick them up. I decide to drive them to Dunn's River falls and when we are just about to turn: BOOM!
The guy driving on the opposite side of the road loses his tire and swerves into me.

My airbags came out and my car slams into someone else. He hit off my sidemirror and BOOM..glass breaks right into my face.

Get to the hospital..a black eye and some bruises.

Everybody is okay. The next day, I put on some shades and celebrate getting the watson. Ok so fine I looked like a battered wife but getting the Watson is still a big deal.

Then we go jetskeeing..black eye and all:..yes I drove:

Just making it back to the U.S after finding out the good news was an ordeal..but at least it was a fun one. I feel like the adventure has already started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home