Thursday, October 27, 2005

New Kid

Hello all! I certainly feel like the new kid at school, trying to fit in with all the cool kids who have already made posts and have been going through this whole 'community blogger' thing since they started. I sit in anticipation...will they accept me or will they shun me?

For those of you who don't know, I am coming to you LIVE! from New Zealand. Christchurch to be exact, and I am amazed at all that has happened in just a month of my living here. I can't even believe it has been a month. A suppose a quick run down is in order:

I flew into Auckland, NZ on 27 Sept. I made a friend and we travelled the North Island, up to the tip of NZ, and eventually down to the south island where we are both now living. This is such an amazing country I cannot even begin to do it justice...no words or pictures can explain the things I have seen, but I hope someday that I may relate to you my adventures (my personal blog actually has a lot of stories from my travels on it that my be of interest.)

I have learned a lot about life and myself and what is important to me. I think that this Kiwi lifestyle is a healthy one for me to experience. It is teaching me to relax more and to make important choices between what people have told me I should do and what I really want to do with myself. I have realized that I am capable of handling even the most adverse situations and that being 9000 miles away from home, while difficult, isn't as terrible as I once expected it to be.

I am making this short as it is late here and I've got to rise early to get to work tomorrow morning. It is good to feel connected to you all again and I hope you know that I think of you often. I wish you all my best and I look forward to reading more about the adventures you are all experiencing.

1 Comments:

At 29/10/05 11:10 AM, Blogger jacquelina said...

yay!!! welcome nicole!! (^_^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home