Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tarantula. . .

Most people know a great deal about Bob Dylan. Me. . .not so much. I know that my brother loves his music, that he's a lyrical genius, and that even though he can't sing, he's an ok guy.

As I was having dinner tonight at my friends Autumn place, I was looking through some of the books she and her housemate Nicholas have collected. One of them happened to be Bob Dylan's "first and only book" as the cover advertises. From what Autumn tells me, he never thought they'd publish it and it's really just him messin' around. But I think there happens to be some funny shit in it. So here are some excerpts:

translate this fact for me dr.blorgous: the fact is this: we must be willing to die for freedom (end of fact) now what i wanna know about the fact is this: could hitler have said it? de gaulle? pinocchio? lincoln? angnes moorehead? goldwater? bluebeard? the pirate? robert e. lee? eisenhower? grouch smith? teddy kennedy? general franco? custer? is it possible that jose melis could have said it? perhaps donnald o'connor? i happen to be a library janitor, so could you please clarify things a little for me. thank you. . .by the way, if you do not have a reply to me by this coming tuesday, i will take it for granted that that all these forementioned people are all really the same person. . .see you later. have to take down a picture of lady godiva as the mental students are touring here in an hour. . .

consideratly yours,
Popeye Squirm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home