Monday, June 19, 2006

A growing blog and...Worldcup fever

We have another new addition, Carole Ketnourath. Another Hamilton alum and long-term world traveler. Carole will be in Thailand, I don't want to take the spotlight away and speak for her too much. However I will say she will be working in the field of education, human rights, and economic development. I know she'll specifically be dealing with issues in human trafficking. I haven't had word from her in a while, but she's joined Traveling beans, so as encouragement for her to post, and to make Jubin happy, let's write something.

Maybe because we're all at the end it's tough to write; new happenings continue everyday, but the past of the whole year must be flashing before us as we reflect before we head home. One of the questions on my Fulbright report is, "How have you grown as a person?" such a vague open-ended question like that deserves a really ambiguous answer --I should just tell them my soul has grown, unless they want a novel.

There may be some whining that we haven't been writing, but I'm sure there'll be plenty to read when we write our end-of-year reports. But those reports gotta get done first. Until then, just use the side bar and check our individual pages. On Superheroes Kristofer has some, as he would say, "tasty" (and beautifully sweet) Brazilian beats up, as well as futbol insights on Disciple. Amelia is showing off Poland, Nicole is forever the faithful blogger, and you can decide whether France is to be loved or hated after reading Brit's adventures. They're picking up the slack for Hil, Bennett, Derrick, and me. Though, I am trying to get something up on the Worldcup nationalistic hysteria --I mean, fever here in Korea.

Speaking of which, what's soccer/football/futbol/Worldcup like in your neck of the woods?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home